Forest, Va. -- The Lynchburg College women's tennis team has been picked sixth in the Old Dominion Athletic Conference's preseason poll, the league announced Thursday.
Defending league champion Washington and Lee was tabbed as the near-unanimous favorite.
Lynchburg, which entered the ODAC tournament as the No. 7 seed a season ago, returns several key pieces for first-year head coach Chris Johnson.
Christina Harris (Falls Church, Va.), who was first-team all-conference at both No. 1 singles and No. 1 doubles as a freshman, is poised for yet another solid campaign after going 17-1 in singles competition last year. Her doubles partner, junior Lilli Altenburg (Lexington, Va.), also returns from the all-conference duo.
Lynchburg's women begin the season Saturday, Feb. 10 at Methodist before debuting at home Sunday, Feb. 18 vs. Ferrum.
2018 ODAC WOMEN'S TENNIS PRESEASON POLL
(#) Denotes First Place Votes
1. Washington and Lee University (11) 121 pts.
2. Bridgewater College 104 pts.
3. Randolph-Macon College (1) 100 pts.
4. Randolph College 85 pts.
5. Roanoke College 82 pts.
6. Lynchburg College 79 pts.
7. Emory & Henry College 52 pts.
8. Virginia Wesleyan University 44 pts.
9. Shenandoah University 40 pts.
10. Hollins University 33 pts.
11. Sweet Briar College 29 pts.
12. Guilford College 23 pts.